Notes from the Yale ecosystem
Get to know Bene, the Yale student team that won the Tsai CITY Healthcare Hackathon challenge for their app to detect depression based on facial and vocal cues.
The Yale Office of Career Strategy is the first on campus to use an AI bot to help students navigate its website.
Check out these highlights of entrepreneurship breakthroughs and happenings across campus!
Spring Health - founded by two Yale alums and a current PhD student - was featured in NBC News!
Yale's first-ever PeriodCon addresses innovation, safety and menstrual justice.
The Yale Collaborative on Social Entrepreneurship is bringing together 10 centers on campus to improve access to resources and student participation.
The YDN has a story up on Easy EC, the Yale student-founded app that makes it easier for girls to access emergency contraception.
CBEY announced the two student teams who won Sobotka Seed Stage Venture Grants - a machine-learning platform for drones and an impact investing tool designed to build consumer engagement.
Things we're thinking about
- We're launching Intensives this Spring - deep dives into topics like Net Zero, Food, Blockchain, Fake News, Gender Equity, Hands-On Biotech and much more. Learn more here!
- We're also cosponsoring some exciting new initiatives this Spring including PeriodCon - focused on the business & policy of menstruation (Feb. 9) and MANY, an online plaform launching at the 2018 Venice Architecture Biennale.
- A speaker series featuring influential entrepreneurs. Who would you most like to see on campus?
- Ideas for a university-wide Grand Challenge: How to fight online propaganda and media manipulation & elevate real journalism?
- If you have input on the above, or ideas about what CITY should be doing, you should get involved - come see us for office hours, become a member, attend an event, or just get in touch. At minimum, be sure to join our mailing list!