- Tues, Oct 24, 4-5pm at CITY - Yale Women Innovators Series - Communications as a Power Tool with Julie Vance [Register]
- Wed, Oct 25, 7-9pm at Nick Chapel Theater - First Ever Yale Pitch Slam [Sign up to Pitch & Register]
- Thurs, Nov 9, 11:45am-1:15pm - Social Impact Business Plan Development with Peter Boyd [Register]
- December 1-3 - YHack [Apply]
Notes from the Yale ecosystem
- Announcing the 19 teams in the first Tsai CITY Accelerator!
- Check out these great livestreams from Yale SOM: Fintech Transformation on Oct. 13 and Can Tech Make Us Happy? on Oct. 24
- We've got a video interview up with Carrie Rich, cofounder and CEO of Global Good Fund on "Building a Mission-Driven Board."
- As detailed in the YDN, lots of cool projects are underway at the Landscape Lab on West Campus.
- Insights on how integrated communities drive innovation and are a boon to economic growth from Yale School of Management's Olav Sorenson.
- Keynote from Yale alum Kevin Ryan, founder of Gilt Groupe, Business Insider and MongoDB at a sold-out Careers, Life & Yale event
- Yale alum and Divergent CEO Kevin Czinger on disrupting the manufacturing industry.
- The Minnesota Department of Transportation has signed on with Yale alum-founded Streetlight Data - software that allows cities to crowdsource traffic data to make infrastructure decisions.
- Dorm Room Fund is recruiting a new partner at Yale. Backed by First Round Capital, Dorm Room Fund invests in student-run companies and the NYC team has invested in several Yale startups such as Verb Energy, Py and Trinity Mobile Networks, providing founders with investors, mentors and $20,000. Application closes Oct. 15
Things we're thinking about
- Spring Accelerator focus areas: Food? Drones? Crisis response? Blockchain? Inclusion in tech? Civic innovation?
- Ideas for a university-wide Grand Challenge: How to fight online propaganda and media manipulation & elevate real journalism?
- A 3-day intensive product hack retreat for serious technologists over Thanksgiving break. Where to host?
- If you have input on the above, or ideas about what CITY should be doing, you should get involved - come see us for office hours, become a member, attend an event, or just get in touch. At minimum, be sure to join our mailing list!