The CITY Summer Fellowship is an 8-week intensive summer bootcamp to incubate new companies, nonprofits, and initiatives. Teams can go from sketch to launch by summer’s end. Approximately 15 teams will be chosen in a highly competitive process. The fellowship includes $15,000 for each team, along with a rigorous sequence of workshops, sprints, mentorship, coaching, and pitch opportunities.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
The Fellowship is open to all students - undergrad and grad. If you have an idea for a for-profit business, a social enterprise, a civic or arts start-up, a faith based organization, an app or tech-startup, or a civic movement, we will help you design, refine, iterate and launch it. Preference is given to teams at the prototype stage or above. Starting something can be lonely and hard - so while we will happily accept applications from sole founders, we strongly encourage you to find some teammates to join you on your journey.
WHAT YOU GET
The CITY Summer Fellowship offers:
- An eight week full-time program based on a combination of lean startup, design thinking, and introspective leadership development. From June 4-July 27, 2018, Fellows will learn from industry experts and experienced entrepreneurs on relevant topics to their startup.
- All Fellows will receive mentorship and advice from a variety of sources. Our highly skilled CITY team, including Mentors-in-Residence, will work closely with you throughout the program. CITY mentors and other advisors will be on hand to work with you throughout the summer.
- Teams will have the opportunity to pitch and network their ideas during trips to NYC and Boston.
- The Summer Fellowship is a cohort based program. Accepted Fellows will join a community of like-minded peers who will provide support and inspiration during the summer and beyond.
- Each team in the CITY accelerator program will receive access to funding. All teams will receive $15,000 grant, and, depending on progress, access to further capital.
- Fellows have full access to CITY’s incubator space.
Questions? Email Kassie Tucker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Final Application Deadline: March 28, 2018 at 11:59pm